Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Quarterless Laundry

Day 14: April 29, 2008
Even though he will have to move the washer and dryer to sheet rock, Aaron gave me the gift of a working washer and dryer today. The most exciting feature is that the water line will not have to be dumped into the laundry sink. Instead of messing with our stucco, Aaron vented the dryer out the window by removing a glass block. At first I thought this was strange but in walking around our neighborhood, I noticed several homes that do this. I did 6 loads of laundry to celebrate this achievement!


The wall behind the washer and dryer will be sheet rocked. We are not going to immediately finish the floor. Eventually, I would like to lay marmoleum throughout the entire basement. I am hoping to install a cabinet above the washer and dryer for storage. I will also try to incorporate drying racks and a place for my ironing board and iron.

No comments: