Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Big Dig

Day 3 & 4: April 10 & 11, 2008
Day 3 of construction looked very similar to Day 2 and rather than risk losing the interest of my devoted readership, I would combine day 3 and 4. Aaron called me the evening of Day 3 and informed me that it was spent marking things for the plumber as he was going to start his work the following day. Aaron warned me that it was going to be messy and loud. A little dirt I was anticipating. What I wasn't ready for is below.

After a long day at work and a 2 hour journey home (I won't bore you with my tales of missing buses and walking through the slushy rain/snow mix), I arrived at home around 7:30 PM. This is the vision I had the moment I stepped in the door. A gigantic sandbox.




I do not envy the plumber- this is dirty work! I imagine it is pretty difficult work too- jack hammering through concrete. The small photo on the left is to show our new utility sink - exciting.




After realizing the scope of the trenching, I realized I would have to abandon all thoughts of keeping things clean in my house. Finally! An excuse for the dust! It was strange going to bed knowing there was a big hole in the basement. I kept wondering if animals could somehow get in.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This is really getting exciting! A gigantic hole! Very impressive. I am so proud of you for taking this (construction and blogging) on.