Monday, April 7, 2008

Let the Work Begin!

Aaron called today and he is fixin' to start our basement bathroom project this week! Of course I immediately went to a couple of local home improvement stores to purchase all of the parts that will make the whole. Yikes! I did lots of research so intellectually I knew the costs involved. Let me tell you that nothing could have prepared me for the range of emotions to follow after purchasing: a shower stall, toilet, vanity, vanity top, sink faucet, shower faucet, tile and pocket door. Of course it doesn't help that I found a dent and a crack in my precious Prius before this spending spree.

For those of you keeping score, yes, this means I made a tile decision. It came down to finances and flexibility.
This choice is also inspired by Liz Hruska's main bathroom which I covet. I suppose I am technically being true to the era of my home though nothing is original so I am not sure what actually existed 60 years ago.
Because everyone loves before and after photos, I will post the before shots this week. Then the fun begins- the original purpose of this blog- a daily update of the construction progress/process. Stay tuned!

No comments: