Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Before and After (Day 1)

I know we have all seen dungeon-like basements so I realize I shouldn't be ashamed of the below photos. But, I am experiencing a certain level of vulnerability by posting them. The disorganization, the stains on the walls, the random brew supplies hanging off of walls makes me feel so exposed. At any rate, here are some shots of what is now a construction site. As I mentioned earlier, we are concentrating our renovation efforts to the north west corner of our basement. I will provide daily progress posts so you can seek how quickly (and slowly) this space starts taking shape.

Left side of the North facing wall (58th Street side). Future site of finished laundry space.


Right side of the North facing wall. Future home of a 48" sink vanity.
A pocket door will go where the laundry basket is hanging out.

This is where the toilet will sit (where the beer shelf is now).



This is where the 48" shower stall will live.


April 8, 2008 - Day One of Construction

Note: the washer and dryer have been disconnected. Can I use your laundry room?

Disgusting double utility sink is GONE. Actually it is sitting upsidedown in my backyard if you want it.

I never knew that insulation and 2x4s could make me so happy!

So, I wouldn't want it to look like this for months on end but the space already looks better to me.

While I have never had a contractor inside my home doing work, it seems Aaron left things very tidy.

No comments: