Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Painted bathroom and a kitchen with walls and a ceiling

A few anxiety attacks later and we are near completion of the main floor bathroom. The anxiety attacks had less to do with the bathroom and more to do with the kitchen. Friday, December 19 was supposed to be a day of bliss for me as I took off the day from work with the intention of lots of fun errands and "me" time. The electrician had a different plan for me and I soon found myself tending to his needs and removing insulation. Thankfully I made it through the day and then escaped to Sioux Falls, SD where I enjoyed a week without fiberglass and dust particles in my space.

Here is where we stand for both projects:

Main Floor Bathroom
- one more coat of paint on the ceiling
- toilet, sink and faucet installation
- vent cover installation
- bathtub refinishing
- towel and paper bar installation
- shower curtain rod installation and new shower curtain purchase

IMG_0927

IMG_0928

Kitchen
- too many things to list!

IMG_0930

Yay! We have a ceiling and two walls! No more exposed insulation! I can see a glimmer of light at the end of the dark, dirty tunnel!

IMG_0933

This wall is turning out to be a big problem - more specifically the heat duct is a big problem. Aaron and his friend Brad are suggesting that we move the refrigerator closer to the range and lose about 4" of cabinet/counter on each side of the range. However, in doing so, we could have a pantry where the heat duct is located (which is what the original kitchen featured).





No comments: