Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day 2 of Kitchen Demo

Today I removed the rest of the sheet rock from the walls and I removed the ceiling. I seemed to have forgotten from the bathroom demo that when one removes a ceiling, insulation comes falling down. I was going to say crashing down but what makes loose insulation so nasty is that it is quite fluffy and creates a gigantic mess. I am not going to lie- I had it up my nose at one point. Fortunately Scott went and bought a big blue tarp to attempt to limit the amount of dust in the dining and living rooms. Don't get me wrong, there is still a layer of dust on everything in our home.

After another 6 hours of work today, I had a mini meltdown. Scott was there to keep it from turning into a full-blown meltdown with hugs and a suggestion of going to my favorite Indian restaurant tonight.

The gigantic dumpster will hopefully be gone by the time I get home from work on Monday. I am so looking forward to a week in my parent's home. Scott asked me if the project would be done when we got back. I just laughed (and cried on the inside).

Here are the photos:
IMG_0662

IMG_0663

IMG_0665

IMG_0664

I hate this insulation. Imagine this stuff falling down on hour head. It will take several washes before my hair feels clean.

No comments: