Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day 1 of Construction

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Aaron called me at 7:30 AM to discuss my preference in light switches and gave me the plan for the day. I was at home when he arrived because I set up a meeting with the cabinet maker for the pending kitchen project. Aaron got to work right away on finishing the demo - toilet is now in the dumpster! He then attacked the bath fan installation. This aspect of the project is proof that construction is not always straight forward. Because of the roof line, stucco, floor joists and other terms of which I have minimal understanding, Aaron had to be extremely creative in finding a solution to venting the fan outside. I was prepared to return from work to learn that he was unable to install the fan. However, Aaron worked his magic and had great success! He also did the electrical work for the light fixture and light/bath fan switches.

Here are the photos from today:

New Bathroom_Day 1 New Bathroom_Day 1 (1)
New bath fan.


New Bathroom_Day 1 (2) New Bathroom_Day 1 (6)

Left: Light fixtures without the shades. Right: The wood around the glass block window will need repair due to water damage.

New Bathroom_Day 1 (4) New Bathroom_Day 1 (5) New Bathroom_Day 1 (3)
Left to right: (1) The toilet is now gone! (2) Aaron's check list! (3) New light and fan switch/dimmer.

No comments: