Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Kitchen Flooring

The marmoleum was installed by Artistic Floors and Design today. The trim still needs to be added including the transition piece between the kitchen and dining room floors. It will be much easier to clean than the sticky vinyl tiles I had previously.

IMG_1014

IMG_1016

IMG_1015

In other news, our dishwasher is not working. For those of you keeping track, yep, that's right, the sole reason I wanted to renovate this kitchen was to have a built-in dishwasher! So, it is funny (and not ha-ha funny) that it is the only thing that isn't working! The plumber says it is a problem with the appliance. Let's hope that Sears doesn't say it is a problem with the plumbing! In the meantime, Scott and I will hand wash our dishes and enjoy spending even more time in our new kitchen!

Note the temporary window shades! I found out about these from my friend Heidi when she moved into her new house. They are genius! You will also notice we used the scraps to cover the window on our back door. I am guessing our neighbors are bummed they can no longer spy on us at night! I am thinking that I will replace the temporary shades with the same white wood (faux) blinds I have in the dining/living areas but I am open to other ideas- thoughts?

No comments: