Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend Update

It is an exciting time in the Nivens' household as projects are near completion! Aaron has been to our house both days this weekend- a sign that we're on a deadline! Now, I'll provide updates on all three projects with photos.

Bathroom

IMG_0951
As of the 9th of January we had running water in our main floor bathroom!

IMG_0952 IMG_0955

The paper holder, ring towel holder and 18" towel holder on the wall are the same as what we used in the basement. After Aaron installed the 18" towel holder I started thinking I had him put it in too high. Hopefully after I put a towel on it I won't obsess about such minor details. The vent has caused me to launch an educational outreach program for all my friends living in older homes. My message: "Do no throw away your vent covers until you have a replacement!" Our vent is so odd sized that even Rejuvenation does not have an expensive option for us. I even froze my fingers at Bauer Brothers sorting through salvaged vent covers. Thankfully my friends at The Craftsman Home Connection make custom wood covers. After consulting my co-worker, Sharon and her discerning good taste, I decided on the simplistic Mission style. Fortunately, the cost will only be around $40. Which is high compared to an $18 floor vent but it certainly is cheaper than what I thought a custom cover would be! Since it will be wood, Aaron will paint it to match the paint color of the trim.

Kitchen

IMG_0944
This photo was taken on Friday, January 9 after the trim was installed.


IMG_0968
This photo was taken on Sunday, January 11 after Aaron sprayed a coat of paint on the trim.

IMG_0969

I am really excited about the trim around our windows as they look pretty much the same as the originals.

Main Floor Closet
IMG_0946 IMG_0947
For the most part I painted this closet but I did have to enlist back-up for the trim. Chris the Painter is awesome!
The photo on the right is to show my patch-work on the drywall where the hammer went through! Not bad for a newbie!

IMG_0967
On Sunday, January 11 Scott and I installed the Elfa shelving system. In theory, we will hang our coats on the left and store all of our linens, cleaning products and miscellany on the right. Originally I intended for the vacuum to be stored under the coats but I am not sure that will work. I will take another photo after I have "stocked" the closet! Thanks again Emily and Josh for the gift card to The Container Store!

No comments: