Saturday, November 22, 2008

No Going Back

Saturday, November 22, 2008

I'm back! Today, I finally had enough courage to start the demolition of our main floor bathroom. First stop, Home Depot. Thankfully Scott suggested I get a respiratory mask! I also bought some protective paper and plastic in hopes of decreasing the mess (yeah right!). Because Aaron may be able to start our project soon, I bought the light fixture, fan and recessed mirror. I am trying to spread the remodeling wealth around the house so I went ultra budget on all items.

Shower Before


This photo really doesn't do justice to how disgusting the shower surround was.

I took great pleasure in ripping that thing down.

Shower Before2

The glass block window will be preserved. We will tile around it with bullnose tile and by we I mean Jed.


Here is Day 1 of Project Demolition:


Demo Day 1_ Janelle

Why did I wait 32 years for my first DIY project?

I could get used to wearing this type of get up!

Demo Day 1_fixture problems

I ran into a few problems with the light fixtures in that I couldn't figure out how to remove the wires. Don't worry- I had the electricity turned off during the actual demo process. Scott and I decided to put the light bulbs back in so we wouldn't accidentally stick our fingers in the sockets.

Demo Day 1_Helpful Scott

This photo would lead you to believe that Scott did a lot of the work on day one. Well, you'd be wrong. This was a photo op like you wouldn't believe. As I was documenting my hard work, he grabbed the crow bar and started pulling nails. Nice try Scott!

I didn't accomplish as much as I would have liked but I got a late start. I didn't really get going until after 4:30 PM. Hopefully I'll have time to devote to this tomorrow with my goal being to remove the pedestal sink and the toilet.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

holy s*@#$%! janelle, you rock. demolish away. i once witnessed my dad remove a toilet from their bathroom that was getting new flooring. kinda freaky. get some help with the lifting, do. good luck with the rest!!

Erin said...

Wow way to go!!! I love the mask/goggles combo :)

Janelle said...

So, I know when to fold em and to walk away. I am leaving the toilet removal to the professionals :).

Wow that was hard, dirty work!