Sunday, November 23, 2008

If These Walls Could Talk

Sunday, November 23, 2009

After a bright and early trip to Lowes, I was ready to start Day 2 of Demolishing the main floor bathroom. Howard Johnson (only in Minnesota!) helped me find the right tool to remove the sink from the P-trap. He also explained that all I needed to do to remove the sconces was to untwist the wire nuts and untangle the house wire from the lighting wire. It took me like 2 minutes to do it once I knew what I was doing. The biggest job for me today was to remove the ceiling and the dura-rock walls around the bath/shower. The trim was really difficult to remove but I did it! I was tired after all that tugging so I gave up on the baseboards, toilet and some of the sheetrock. I figure I should leave some for Aaron!

I really wish my bathroom would have given me a clue that there was loose insulation above the ceiling. Most of it was in sheets but there is a random area where it was probably blown in. It all came down like dirty (toxic) snow. It was such a hassle to clean up and definitely diminished my interest in construction!

Here's my day in photos:

Demo_Day 2

The loose insulation is above. I wish it all would have been that pretty pink stuff. At least then it wouldn't have been such a pain to clean.

Demo_Day 2 (3)
This is where the sink was. I can't believe I was able to pull everything down today.

Demo_Day 2 (2)
I can't wait to have nice smooth walls and ceiling. I am hoping the white subway tiles will look good with the glass block window. The real treat will be when the bathtub is resurfaced. I will take the most well-deserved bubble bath then!

1 comment:

AmyO said...

Holy smokes, Janelle! You really meant business. I especially like the photo of you with the mask and goggles - so professional!